Husband is the most important person in your life after your parents. Keeping him happy is the topmost priority for any wife. As we all know February 14th is celebrated as valentines day. In today’s article read about unique valentines day gifts for husband that will leave them speech less.
I am sure some of us mommies might be thinking, we are all above 30 and this day is only meant for teenagers and those who are not married. Is it so?? The answer is NO. Love or romance is not age bounded. So this Valentines day tell your husband how much you love him and i am sure you will get an awesome response.
A doting wife would always want to decorate this special day with the best kind of gifts. So here i am to give some tips to all the lovely ladies out there to express their love towards their husbands.
History Of Valentines Day
St.Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men.
Valentine, realizing the injustice of this deed, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine’s actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.
People believe that Valentine’s Day is celebrated in the middle of February to commemorate the anniversary of Valentine’s death or burial.
By the middle of the 18th century, it was common for friends and lovers of all social classes to exchange small tokens of affection or handwritten notes, and by 1900 printed cards began to replace written letters due to improvements in printing technology.
Ready-made cards were an easy way for people to express their emotions in a time when direct expression of one’s feelings was discouraged. Cheaper postage rates also contributed to an increase in the popularity of sending Valentine’s Day greetings.
From Letters -Greetings – Emails- SMS- MMS- Orkut-Facebook-Wats app-Instagram,valentines day messages changed in their format from time to time. But ultimately its all about love.
Valentines Day Gifts for husband that are unique
Here are few valentines day gifts for husband which will make them happy
Who doesn’t like surprises? This is going to work dramatically and you are going to enjoy it. Yes so surprises can be in any form. Small cute surprises always wins and also make your day special. You can surprise your husband in the following ways
- Visiting him at office
- Joining him for lunch
- Doing a make over which he likes
- Doing some thing which he never told you but wanted you to do
- Cakes, flowers,champagne
2. Material Gifts
Material gifts also works. If you doesn’t get time for valentines day shopping, you can always depend on Online services which delivers gifts on any particular day. Following are few material gifts that you can opt for
- Photo collage or Album
- Show pieces symbolizing love
- Personalized image on mug, cushions etc
- Couple Rings
3. Love Note Or Love Letter
LOVE LETTERS sounds un trendy…right? But believe me it works more than any other gifts. Now that its the time of Face book, Wats app, Instagram where people send valentines day wishes, express their love on these public platforms, but love is a feeling very personal. Nothing can replace a hand written token of love.
Express your love for your husband through this letter. Tell him how special he is. You can add colours, hearts to make it even more romantic. Letter along with roses works extremely well.
You should keep the letter in a place were he finds it for sure. It can be kept inside his
- Office bag
While writing letter if you get stuck any were, google is there to help you out:)
4. Candle Light Dinner
Only men can surprise us by arranging a candle light Dinner?? No even we can. Treat your date to a fairy tale experience by using candles and flowers. This special date tends to bring the two souls back in love gain. Order the most romantic-sounding foods and a great bottle of red!
Candle light dinner can be arranged
- By the pool
- In any restaurant
- In the Garden
- At the Beach
5. Cooking His Favorite Dishes
As per the saying “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” which in fact is literally TRUE. You can make it simple as well as elegant by preparing some dish which he loves to have.
A romantic date is more about implementing your own ideas or organizing a romantic dinner for your love in the simplest way but with tons of love involved.
Well spend time around a table with his favorite dish and lady love. What more a man can ask for? You will discover your love again. Also plan for an outing or for a movie date (with out kids works better).
How To Create A Romantic Ambiance For Dinner?
- Leave your kids with your parents or baby sitter with whom they are comfortable with.
- Put on some casual, but nice clothes, and look refreshed and effortlessly attractive.
- You can always eat in the garden if you have one. This can be very romantic if the season of the year is right, and if you have a nice, bug-free garden.
- You may have a nice set of crystal glasses and fancy plates, napkins, and silverware that you never use because they’re only for special occasions. Well, the occasion is now, bring them out and take pleasure in how much they add to the romantic atmosphere.
- Flowers, such as elegant roses, are also important. They look really good at the table, whether it’s something extravagant or simple. Just keep in mind that you should be able to look at each other over the table.
- Keep the menu simple.
- Dim the surrounding lights.
- Playing some soft jazz or romantic music in the background can add to the romantic ambiance as long as it’s not too distracting.
- Other than that, turn off your phones, the television and focus only on each other. Once all the distractions are put away, you can focus on having a romantic evening.
Valentines day gifts for husband is a great idea. So this valentines day take some time out from your busy schedule for your husband. Have a chit chat with him. Bring your good olden days back. Take a break from kids and spend time with your love. And you will get all your love back.
Please Note: If your husband had a very bad day at office or if he is in any other tension, things might change.
Let us know how your special day was and which one of the above mentioned ways worked for you?